Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

I have cooked and prepared for tomorrow all day and I just set up the coffee for the morning. We are headed for Allen tomorrow morning to spend Thanksgiving with family. There will be 22 for lunch. I am tired but looking very forward to seeing everyone.

Prayer: “Abba, Father, I praise You for Your eternal love that has redeemed me by the blood of Your Son. Your love has forever adopted me as Your child, and it sustains me through all of my days. I acknowledge the truth that You will never love me more than You do right now, and You will never love me any less than You do at this moment. Open my eyes to see the vast dimensions of Your love. I pray in Jesus’ wonderful name. Amen!”

Romans 8: 35, 36 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

When Casey was diagnosed with cancer our oncologist moved heaven and earth to get us to MD Anderson in Houston as fast as he could. There was no question as to whether I would go with him. When I left on the plane with Casey for Houston, I walked away from Bruce and Travis, our home, my job, our church, our friends our extended family and our dogs! I was separated from them by miles and time, but never from their love.

The apostle Paul lists seven different things that could happen to any one of us causing separation from family and friends. But those things would never cause our family or friends to love us less. When difficult things happen in our lives it may seem that God is separating Himself from us when in reality God, through His love for us is drawing us closer. Scripture tells us that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord! It does not matter whether we have brought distress upon ourselves through poor choices or if difficult things have been thrust upon us, God’s love for us never changes. God’s love remains just as strong and we can rest in the assurance of His love. Give thanks with a grateful heart to God for His ever present love and every blessing.

Take joy in the journey. Give thanks with a grateful heart. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Travel mercy to all who travel whether near or far. Love you all so very much and Happy Thanksgiving, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: