Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Friday!

I hope if you are a Black Friday Shopper that all went well today. I spent my day reading a book on which I have a reflection paper due Friday of next week. I can’t believe there is only one more week of classes and the semester is over for me. Dead Week is followed by Finals week and I will have completed my first full semester of graduate divinity school. WOW!

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, captivate my heart with Your love this day. I desire for my mind, will, and emotions to be surrounded by Your faithful mercy. May Your love burn as a holy fire through my life so that I may share the message of my Savior with every person I meet today. Set my heart on fire, Lord! Make my life a witness of Your saving power today. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!”

2 Corinthians 5: 14 “For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died.”

Travis desires to conquer the world one dead lift at a time. His goal is to be the world’s strongest man. He even went to training on Thanksgiving morning. Geni wants to conquer the world one vowel sound and one letter at a time as she has found her passion in teaching. Motivation is what drives us to get out of bed in the morning and make a difference in ourselves and hopefully make a difference in the world.

Jesus was motivated by His obedience to His Father, God, to walk the road to the cross. On the journey, Jesus shared the love of God with all he met along the way. He also as preached this love to large crowds making the greatest difference our world has ever known.

What motivates us to share the gospel of Jesus with those we meet? First, I believe we are all called to tell others what Christ has done for each of us. When we tell someone about Jesus we need to remember to talk about His love, grace, forgiveness and salvation for life on earth and in eternity. Then we need to tell others who do not know Christ that just as He rose for us, He rose for them too. The risen Lord can take the spiritually dead and raise them to new life.

My meditation tonight says, “The opposite of love is not hate, but it is indifference.” My friends, we cannot be indifferent to those around us. We cannot fail to share the love of God in Jesus. We have been given a task and that is to allow Jesus to so captivate our hearts and lives that we burn with the desire to share His love with all we meet.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: