Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Monday!

Geni and I were invited by my Mary Kay director to tour the Mary Kay building in Dallas today and have lunch in their cafeteria/grill. I learned a great many things about this lady and even had the opportunity to go into her office. Mary Kay began her business on a Friday the 13th, so she claimed 13 as her lucky number. She even has 13 floors to her building! The elevator, however, only goes to the 12th floor. You must change elevators to get to the 13th floor. We were invited to sit in her desk chair and have our picture taken. The building is the most elegant building in which I have ever been. There were beautiful rose granite walls and floors, lovely pale pink lobby furniture and nothing ostentatious. It was a warm and inviting business building with a quiet elegance. We had a wonderful time and met some really nice people.

Prayer: “Father God, I worship You for the truth that weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning. May this morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I place my trust in You. In Jesus name, Amen!”

Lamentations 3: 32-33 “Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men.”

Grief is a difficult state of being. Grief is the place where you land when there is a loss. I do not think God expects us to jump and shout for joy when we have lost a job, a friendship or someone we love whether it is an emotional loss or a loss through death. God created us in His likeness. Grief and sadness is an attribute of God. The promise is that because God understands our grief and sadness, God is the one Who is with us in the midst of the sad situation not only because He understands but because He loves us so much. God bore the heavy sorrow of the crucifixion of Jesus and will use His extraordinary compassion to manifest the depth of His grace and tender mercies toward our healing. I think God experiences our sadness with us, but is so proud of us when we can finally praise Him through our tears and pain. When we can begin to praise Him in despair we are once again walking in faith and not by our feelings.

I remember the words of a cancer patient named Dave at MD Anderson. Our families shared a memorable Thanksgiving dinner together in the Park at the hospital. Dave said the blessing that day opening with these words, “Lord, we do not give thanks for why we are here, but we do give thanks that we are here and that You are here.” I will never forget that Thanksgiving and the courageous man who spoke the words the rest of us were only thinking.

As we look toward another holiday season without our beloved Casey we remember moments in his life that make us laugh and some that quickly bring us to tears. We give thanks during those times of laughter and tears that God is still with us showering us with the depth of His grace and tender mercies. …and once again we praise His Holy Name.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes staying warm and dry. If you are traveling we pray travel mercy to you all. Drive safely, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: