Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Prayer: “Father, thank You for entrusting me with the gospel. I am blessed to be Your child. As I live today I ask that You shine the Good News through me. Place me in situations where I can reflect the light of Jesus. Grant me wisdom and boldness to be faithful to share what you have done for me. Make my life fruitful this day. In Jesus Name’, Amen.”

John 1: 7,8 “This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that through Him all men might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent as witness of that Light.”

Have you ever looked at the child of a friend and said, “He/she is (insert you friend’s name) made over”? This saying simply means that the child looks so very much like his/her parent that there is no denying who the parent is. God wants us to encounter Him so powerfully that when others meet us there is no denying who our heavenly father is. John exemplified this for us. John’s character was shown to be a man of unshakable faith. John was God’s messenger and undeniably carried the witness and presence of Jesus in His teachings.

The need for us to bear the light of the gospel is just as strong today as it was in the time of John and Jesus. When others see us the presence of Jesus needs to be undeniable. Our purpose is to share the gospel of Jesus to help start others on their own faith journeys. May others see Jesus in us as we reflect His presence today.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: