Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

This was my first official day of retirement. I think I did pretty well. First I slept until almost 7:00. That is a bit later than 5:15. After coffee with Lamar, Bruce and I took a walk while it was sort of cool. Then I found another year of teaching service that had been overlooked and set the wheels in motion to purchase that year so they will refigure my monthly annuity. I had lunch with a dear friend then went with Bruce to the surgeon. It has been quite a day!!

Due to the doc’s heavy schedule Bruce will not have the surgery until about the second week in July. They do not schedule until two weeks out so it will be a few weeks until we have a definite surgery date. So for now Bruce is not to get over-heated, he is to stay hydrated and continue on his medication regimen. I promise to keep you posted.

Prayer: “Lord, You made me. You have given me purpose. May praise to You always be on my lips. No matter what my circumstances are, may I glorify You through praise. In the name of Jesus, my Savior, I pray. Amen.”

Psalm 148: 5-6 “Let them praise the name of the Lord, for He commanded and they were created. He also established them forever and ever. He made a decree which shall not pass away.”

Everything in creation has the responsibility to praise our Creator. At His command we were created. At His pleasure the rocks, hills, sky and trees were created. These inanimate objects praise God daily by doing what they were created to do. The stars were created to shine and they praise their Creator by shining. It is by a star that the Wise men were led to the Christ child. What an act of praise! The trees praise God when they provide fruit and shade. Throughout this psalm, all of the components of creation are described as instruments of praise.

We have been redeemed by the cross of salvation and not only promised forgiveness of our sins and hope for eternal life with Christ, but also the promise that the One Who created us desires a strong relationship with us through His own power in the Holy Spirit. We have every reason to praise God. Let us take joy in praising Him each and every day even for the tiniest things like when your husband brings you a glass of Crystal Light when he is just about ready to settle in for the night. Give thanks with a grateful heart and praise God!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayer. When you pray remember to praise first, ask for forgiveness, pray for yourself and pray for others. God works His will in us when we ask, living His accomplishing works in us and offering up praise each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: