Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

My goal for the day was to finish with room cleaned out and all paperwork completed. Mission accomplished. All that was left was to hug each teacher good-bye, tell them I loved them and walk out the door. The latter was far more difficult. There were many tears this afternoon as I said good-bye to dear friends and the finest teachers with whom I have ever been associated.

I am at total peace about retiring. After the scripture passage from last evening I was assured by God’s Word itself that He had put His stamp of approval on this and it is time for me to move on. After arriving at home it was the strangest feeling with my head knowing that I left behind an empty room - that place I have spent each day for the last ten years with so many friends whom I now call family. But the strangest feeling of all was knowing that I did not have a deadline to meet. There were no papers to grade or lessons to plan or parents to contact. I am not sure what to do now.

There is always a silence no matter how brief at the end of the school day. It is quiet, but there is an anticipation that before long there will be the sound of children’s voices again in just a few hours. The silence at the close of the school year is different. It is a peaceful quiet and almost a restful quiet, still in the knowledge that in several weeks the children will once again return. But today the quiet was deafening. There were no pictures on my walls or any of the trademarks that defined my classroom. There was an echo of emptiness and the only voice I heard was my own and a finality that was sad and lonely. I will be just fine, today was just a bit strange.

Prayer: “Father, my heart’s desire today is to worship You, not just with my words, but with my life. May it be a holy and acceptable living sacrifice to You. In Jesus’ name. Amen”

Proverbs 8: 35-36 “Whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord, but he who sins against me wrongs his own soul, all of those who hate me love death.”

According to my meditation tonight, Proverbs 8 is all about wisdom. “Wisdom is to live life with distinguished proficiency. It is living life with the skill to navigate through the tough stuff. Wisdom helps us make sound decisions and have appropriate boundaries that keep us safe, out of trouble and danger. Wisdom teaches us to hate evil and love what is good. Therefore, our most important acquisition in life is wisdom.”

Today’s passage of scripture teaches that the difference between living with wisdom or without wisdom is literally a matter of life and death. Those who find wisdom find life and those who sin against wisdom do so at their own peril. The truth is that when we are experiencing a lack of peace the lack of peace is caused by the poor choices we make. Wisdom is necessary to living a life with God and an abundant life with Christ. God desires to give us wisdom and according to the writer of this meditation God desires to give wisdom to all who ask for it. If we want wisdom then we must pray for it. James 1:5 says, “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. (6) But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray let us be bold and ask for the wisdom to live life His way instead of our way. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS As for Bruce’s doctor’s appointment…it was postponed due to an all night surgery performed by our surgeon. We will be contacted soon as to the new appointment. I will keep you posted. Peace, gc

No comments: