Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Friday!

Bruce had a carotid artery sonogram this morning. The test went very well and showed no abnormalities or blockages. Praise God!

Prayer: “Dear God, every good and perfect gift comes from You. My heart is full of deep gratitude for Your graciousness toward me. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Luke 6: 38 ”Give, and it will be given to you; good measure; pressed down, shaken together and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you can use, it will be measuring back to you.”

I am asking you to imagine a ten gallon fish aquarium…fill it will rocks and you will discover it is not full. Now pour in gravel and shake it down and you will still discover it is not full. Now add sand and shake it down again and it still is not completely filled. Finally fill the tank with water and shake it down and press it with your hands. Now I think the tank is full.

God gives us His gifts of grace, love, tender mercies and forgiveness each day in full measure. He gave us salvation for all eternity through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. His gracious gifts are in continuous supply. Since God’s gifts are being continuously given we are overflowing with love. We have so much that we need to share those same gifts with those who do not receive his gifts because they do not know Him. We can share the greatest gift we will ever be given; the love of Jesus Christ. We can share Christ’s love by being kind to someone even and especially when it is difficult. We can forgive someone who has hurt or wronged us because we have been forgiven. We can share what we have in possessions with those who have little. What we give of ourselves God promises in Luke 19: 17 to give back to us in greater amounts than what we have given. And all He asks in return is that we believe in Him and Who He sent and to tell someone else. Seems pretty easy compared to the cross.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray tonight remember the gifts of God and share them with others. Love you all and thank you mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: