Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Prayer: “God, thank You for giving me Your wisdom. I realize I will never have all the wisdom I need without You. Deliver me from a know-it-all spirit. Help me to seek and find godly counselors, and lead me through godly advice. I pray this in the name of the Wisest Counselor of all. Amen.”

Proverbs 24: 5,6 “A wise man is strong, yes, a man of knowledge increases strength; for by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety.”

I have often been termed a “wise woman.” Any wisdom I have is a gift from God and has mostly been gained through life experience. What I need now is a lot of knowledge. That is why I am going to school. I have an advisor. My advisor is the resident pastor of Brite. I believe God in his wisdom placed me with an advisor who has a wealth of experience as a congregational leader, but with the heart of a pastoral care giver. I am in a new place in my life where I am in need of a great deal of wise counsel as a student and as one who is going through an ordination process through an unfamiliar denomination.

In the last few weeks as I have plodded through this study of Proverbs. Studying proverbs is hard. But in this study I am learning that the Book of Proverbs is a book of Solomon’s wise sayings and common sense. Proverbs gives instruction concerning areas of the human life contrasting the ungodly view of the fool versus the godly perspective of the wise. God’s word gives truth to help us correct ungodliness in our own lives and replace it with wisdom. Admitting that we need help making decisions by those who are wiser and more experienced makes us people with wisdom. At the rate I am going and the counsel I will need I will have Solomon’s wisdom by the time I am done! (Ha! Ha!)

Wisdom is when the knowledge in your head meets the understanding of our hearts. Wisdom is knowing when to speak and when to be quiet and when to admit we cannot do it on our own and when we need to seek advise from the Wisest Counselor.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. I ask a special prayer for my Dad. He is experiencing some potential heart problems and has a doc’s appointment tomorrow. I will keep you posted. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: