Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Prayer: “Dear God, help me remember that at the end of the day what matters is not our methods, our money, our might, or our manpower. All of these things are useless apart from Your mighty hand. In everything You want me to do today, I am responsible to do my best, but ultimately I am dependent upon You to give me victory. I pray this in the name of the One who always gives victory. Amen”

Proverbs 21: 3-, 31 “There is no wisdom or understanding or counsel against the Lord. The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the Lord.”

Bruce and I went to the mall today to run an errand for Geni. We were talking about the study in Proverbs that I have been doing. I told him that I hope to have wisdom someday, but I wanted knowledge too. I also shared with him that I have surrendered the journey. I then remembered Doc Adams’ saying, “Gaylene, the destination is not in question, but sometimes the journey sucks.” The destination has been ordained, but the journey of ordination, while still an assured journey, still has not achieved a starting point. I cannot force God’s hand into doing what I believe to be best, I must faithfully surrender this starting point into the hands of the One who has already set the itinerary.

I am prepared to begin the journey wherever it is to begin. I am trying to not be impatient for guiding God’s Word, but as the passage states “The horse is prepared…but only God can deliver.” I understand more and more each day about the path of discernment. The most difficult part of the journey is listening for God’s clear strong voice and to follow His guidance without question. The destination is assured, but this journey is certainly interesting…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us pray for each other as we all walk different journeys, listening for God’s guiding Word. Once we hear it, may we all walk boldly in faith claiming victory in Jesus’ name. See you in worship. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: