Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Friday!

Bruce’s surgery is scheduled for July 12th. We will know a specific start time after he does his pre-op on the 8th. The surgery should take between 4 and 5 hours. He will go to intensive care for 48 hours and then onto a regular room. He might be home by the weekend. Amazing!!!

Prayer: Father, there are times when I wonder why unbelievers don’t believe in You. Sometimes it seems like the wicked prosper while the righteous struggle. Help me remember that it is how we finish life and what awaits us when it’s over that counts. I recognize that I am rich in the things that matter. Today, I choose to be grateful for Your many blessings. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.”

Proverbs 23: 15—17 “My son, if your heart is wise, my heart will rejoice—indeed, I myself, yes, my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak right things. Do not let your heart envy sinners, but be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day.”

Go Mavs! It may seem a bit late, but I remember the after game interviews. There was so much excitement and applause over a long awaited victory. The heart of the team is Dirk Nowitzki. He is the leader of the team and had earned the right to be named the MVP of the series. He was admired and praised by his team as well as the opposing team. They spoke of his greatness, his victories and how he would be a Hall of Famer as soon as the time was right. And even tonight Dirk threw out the first ball at the Rangers game. He is rich, famous and by the world’s standards he is admired and lives a privileged life and has been declared a champion.

After the 6th game in the series, Mavericks Guard Jason Terry stated “To God be the glory, he gives me the strength to compete, and to compete on a very high level.” I remember this because of all of the players interviewed both Mavs and Heat, he was the only one who not only gave thanks to God for victory on the court, but gave God the glory for the victory over sin in his own heart. He was more interested in giving God praise and glory than heaping praise upon himself.

Now, there is nothing wrong with admiration. I think Dirk is a great player and I totally agree that he should have been named the MVP of the series. But it was Jason Terry knew who to admire and praise for every gift he had been given. He knew that the day will come when he would no longer run the length of the court and shoot “rainbows from downtown.” And his championship status in the eyes of the world will fade, but his salvation given by Jesus will remain with him forever. The love God has for him in Jesus’ name will continue to grow and increase in his heart and soul long after the applause has faded and fans are asking for his autograph. Basketball players do not play professionally for a long time, but children of God are children of God forever.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray tonight humbly go before God giving thanks for each blessing we can remember and give thanks for those we cannot. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis’

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Daddy’s appointment with his cardiologist was cancelled today and has been rescheduled for the 8th of July. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the prayers. gc

No comments: