Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Lord, I make my secret place under the shadow of the Most High. Allow me to abide in the power of the Almighty. Teach me to focus on the good, but not be naïve about the bad. Deliver me from faults and foes as I take the upward path, walking hand in hand with You. In the wonderful name of Jesus I pray. Amen”

Psalm 91: 1-3 “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him I will trust. “ Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.”

In my meditation tonight the story goes like this…there was a woman riding a mule to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. The further down she went the greater her fear became. She masked her fear for a while until her tour guide looked over at the mule on which she was riding and said, “I thought we had retired old Stumblefoot!” Upon hearing the nickname for the mule she “broke down in fear.”

How often do we place our trust in someone, even someone we know and love, yet find disappointment? We sometimes find that our friends, family members and pastors are the ones who cannot meet our needs. In the passage of scripture above we can place our trust in a God who never disappoints. The psalmist claims refuge, fortress and deliverance from peril. The Most High will never let us down and His shadow is stronger than any sure-footed mule! So my friends, when the way is rocky in a relationship or in our jobs or at our church or at the bank, place your trust in the Almighty for He never fails or disappoints.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray remember to lift each other up in prayer. Remember that each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: