Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: “ Lord, help me not to miss a word of Your wisdom today. Allow me to take it all in and grasp its meaning. May Your wisdom not just be a platitude to quote but a principle practice of my life. Show me how to apply Your wisdom in my walk, work and working. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Proverbs 22: 17-19 “Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge; for it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; let them all be fixed upon your lips, so that your trust may be in the Lord.”

I have often been told that the Chrystie men sound a great deal alike over the phone. I must admit that Bruce, Casey and Travis not only sound a great deal alike on the phone, but also when they sing. I can stand outside the sanctuary listening and both of the boys sound so much like their dad it is difficult to tell them apart. I think this may be what the writer of Proverbs is trying to say. Whether my sons consciously attempted to try to sound like their Dad I do not know. What I do know is that it is the voice they grew up hearing and whether by genetics or by choice was Bruce’s.

God has given us His Word. He has also offered His wisdom through that Word. We are His children and His Word has been spoken in our ears and (hopefully) written in our hearts. It seems a natural thing that our voices would imitate the Father of all wisdom. This same Father who chose us to be His children has also chosen us to carry His wisdom in our hearts and speak it with our lips so that others may know who we are and to Whom we belong. Perhaps it is through this inherited wisdom others may want to become members of the family. Imagine…!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer. When you pray, remember that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Bruce and other members of the Kairos Prison Ministry Team will be travelling to the Allred Prison tomorrow for the instructional day for the newest members of the Kairos 4th day community. I ask you to pray for the Holy Spirit to go before them and prepare the way with no obstacles to grace preventing them from delivering God’s message inside the walls of the unit. I also ask you to pray for safe passage back and forth to the prison. Thanks, gc

No comments: