Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

It is late and I am just a bit tired, but I really love ending my day with a few moments with God’s Word and you.

Prayer: “Lord, I commit my way to You. I put my trust in You. Forgive me for not trusting You in the past. Forgive me for making things that I can see my rocks and my refuges. I know of Your righteousness and Your justice, and I put my confidence in You. I know that Your commandments are for my good and Your glory. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 71: 1-3 “In You, O Lord, I put my trust; let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually, You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.”

It is that time of the year once again when I have to have some difficult parent conferences. I had one this morning and will have one more tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will hold my last parent conference concerning possible retention of a student.

These are never easy, but by the time I hold these conferences the parent may not like the topic, but they are not surprised for I have prepared them for this possibility throughout the year. Tomorrow’s conference is somewhat different. The child in question is new and the parent does not appear to be clued in to the difficulties her child is having. I have only had two encounters with this parent and neither one of these conversations has been of a positive nature and in fact she has been negative toward her child.

I claim the psalm and will be praying this scripture as I speak with this parent. I am praying for the Holy Spirit to go before me and to dwell between me and this parent as we discuss her child and what is best for her child’s education. This woman is a single military mother with three children so this conference will not be easy. Please be in prayer for both of us and her child.

Our lives are full of choices and we can decide what dominates our thinking as we make those choices. I could tear into this woman and tell her she must help her son or I can try to be God’s representative to her and listen and let us come to a plan and decision together. So tomorrow I will trust God to be present allowing Him to dominate my thoughts and this conversation.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. As you pray, please remember to lift one another in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: