Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Was today beautiful or what!? I got four important things accomplished today. First, I completed my retirement package. It is ready to be mailed on Monday. Next, as I was leaving the house this morning to have breakfast with Geni and a friend I discovered four beautiful caladium plants on the front porch, a lovely surprise from my hubby. I planted them in clay bowls and placed them on either side of the front door. We found out last year that caladiums really like the shade of our front porch. After that, I addressed almost all of the Easter/Graduation party invitations for Geni. Finally, I completed the final piece for my financial aid for school this year. Hopefully the final word will be given by mid to late next week. I am still on the waiting list for my summer class.

Bruce returned safely from the Allred Prison unit. Thank you for your prayers.

Prayer: “Lord, as I open Your Word, open my eyes that I might see the wondrous things that You want to teach me. May Your living water hydrate my soul. Thank you that You have given me a map of Your plan for my life in Your Word.”

Proverbs 30: 5, 6. Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

All of you know I am attending seminary at TCU. Students come in a variety of ages, spiritual maturities and knowledge in each of my classes. In one of my classes we were discussing some ancient religion. I shared that the difference in the ancient religion and Christianity is that we had the only God that came back from the dead. In God’s Holy Word the difference in God’s Word and other religions is that God’s Word became flesh in the body of Jesus Christ.

In other religions there are moral values and good works that will elevate a follower to heaven. Christianity is not just dry words on a page, Christianity is a relationship with Jesus.

The power of Christianity is the personal relationship we are granted with Jesus. The Word says, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” As someone who can easily become lost getting from one place to another while driving, I am always looking for my way. But I know that I am never lost in my spiritual life because Jesus says that He is the way.

God has invested His Word in each of us. He trusts us with His Word and because His Word is never far from us we can live on the path of Christ and walk with assurance on His written Word. See you in worship!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray tonight, please pray for each other. Remember that each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: