Wednesday, April 20, 2011



Happy Wednesday!

Okay, so what happened to the weather? Upon arrival at home this afternoon I found a pair of jeans, a zip-up hoodie and some tennis shoes and socks. But the major excitement is that the long awaited brick patio is complete and ready for sitting. We all sat out for a while on the patio and enjoyed the new addition to our backyard. Bruce and Travis worked really hard and did a fantastic job. The patio is complete in plenty of time for our Easter Sunday/Graduation Celebration with our family! Thanks so much Bruce and Travis!

Prayer: “Most gracious and loving heavenly Father. I bow before You at the beginning of this new day. How I need You in my life. Your presence is my source of strength, and Your Word is my light. I will live for You today. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen”

Romans 8: 15, 16 “You did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, father.” The Spirit Himself bear witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”

Each night I close with “everyone is fighting some type of battle.” Have you ever thought about what enables us to fight battles? We can battle because the power of the Holy Spirit lives within each of us. We can confidently face the enemy because we are the family of God and we can approach the throne of grace without fear.

Scripture tells us that the way to the Father is through the Son. We pray in the name of Jesus enabling the Holy Spirit to speak to God on our behalf. The Holy Spirit goes before us presenting our case before the Father because of our faith in His Son, Jesus. Make your requests known to God believing that He listens and hears our cries for help. And then remember to say thanks for the loving kindness He has shown.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray lifting each other up in prayer before the Father, pray for the Lord of Hosts to go before you and ask Him to lead the battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: