Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

First, my Aunt Linda was in a serious car accident this evening. She, at this writing, has a dislocated elbow, various cuts, scrapes and bruises but will be okay. Mom and Dad went to the hospital and Mom got to stay with her until they took her to set her arm. We are in a spirit of thankfulness to God and His tender mercies for her life. She is sore and I am sure she will be for a while. Please pray for her and her healing. Thank you.

And all of the bricks are in place in the patio. It is so beautiful. A layer of sand must be placed to hold everything together. I am so excited. I am praying for pretty weather on Easter Sunday afternoon so we can party outside.

Prayer: “Dear heavenly Father, I am so glad to begin another day with You in my heart. Thank you for loving me and helping me to handle all that will come my way today. I am totally dependent on Your wisdom and grace, and I celebrate your presence in my life. Amen.”

1 John 2: 20, 27 “You have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things…But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.”

We have so many ways to communicate. We have email, Facebook, Twitter, cell phones, text messages, etc…and probably some I have forgotten. We are a world of instant access, but with so many different ways to find each other and communicate our messages, needs, wants and wishes. I think my favorite is when I send someone to the grocery store and when I have discovered I left something off of the list I can text message them and they receive the message immediately. And then just to be sure a camera phone can take a picture of any item in the store and send it to me for confirmation. And then there are the newer applications that will allow you to take a picture of the emblem on a Starbucks coffee cup and then find the nearest Starbucks. And then I guess the coolest thing of all is the phones with GPS. Just plug in where you are, type in where you want to go and the directions not only appear on your screen, but will talk you to where you want to go. Completely amazing!

But you know in all of these ways of communicating, mistakes happen. That Starbucks locator may not know that the store has closed. The GPS may not have updated information and will send you to the wrong place. Facebook and Twitter could get you into trouble. Tonight I learned that anything you write on these social networking sites may as well be your resume’.

However, there is a way to communicate that never fails. There is One with whom we can communicate that is always truthful. There is One Whom is always updated and will never send you to the wrong place. When we pray in Jesus’ Name through the power of the Holy Spirit we can count on(at least) two things - that God will guard us from error and from false teaching. When we pray anointed with the Holy Spirit, God places around us protection from Satan’s lies and guides us to truth. When we pray in this mighty power God can read our resume’ and know we are His children and will shield us from the lies of the world.

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and especially tonight, say your prayers. When you lift each other up in prayer tonight, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit for as believers, God abides in each of us. Love you all mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: