Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Monday!

Prayer: “Gracious heavenly Father, thank You for the precious gift of eternal life You have given me through Your Son, the Lord Jesus. I am so grateful for all the blessings of life today and I am mindful that outside of You I have nothing and am capable of nothing. Please help me to live for You today and grant me the wisdom to make decisions that are pleasing to You in every way. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Romans 8: 10, 11 “If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you. He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

What is not to love about Romans?

I wish I could offer each of you a burden free life, but I cannot. And as weird as this may sound the struggles sometimes bring about the greatest joys. I think maybe it is because when the struggles come we come closer to Christ. We seem to pray a bit more, read a few more passages of scripture, maybe listen a bit closer in worship and tell other Christians of our burdens and ask them for prayer. When we are going through tough times our faith is challenged. When we ask our believing friends and family to pray for us our faith becomes strengthened because God seems closer and more present in all we see, hear, say and do.

When we come into relationship with Christ then the Holy Spirit dwells with us. That means that the very presence of Jesus does not just come for a visit, but unpacks and sets up residence and stays not just for our lifetime here on earth but on into eternity. Isn’t it amazing that the One who dwells so closely with us as we live here on earth is the same one who chooses to keep us with Him through eternity? God is with us at all times and never leaves us for any reason.

These truths are enough to make the very darkest of days just a bit brighter. One of my favorite songs has these words, “I’m alive and well. Your Spirit is within me because You died and rose again.” Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us remember to lift each other up in prayer tonight remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers: Healing for Sharon James, a friend who has been diagnosed with a metastasized breast cancer that has presented in the bones. She has been through breast cancer and had a bilateral mastectomy.

And discernment for Bruce as he is giving my paper the once over twice before I turn it in tomorrow evening. Thank you, mighty and powerful prayer warriors. gc

No comments: