Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Travis and I had an adventure today. We went to Fort Worth to a resale shop called Berry Good Buys. It is a resale shop that all profits and proceeds go to the Battered Women’s Shelter. I purchased a really nice gray blazer for $.50. (Yes, really 50 cents!) and a beautiful pair of red Diamond J Roper boots for $15.00. We had a wonderful day! It was fun spending the day with Travis and finding bargains too! (I think spending the day with Travis was the best bargain.)

Dear Father, open my eyes today to see Your truth, and understand Your will. Help me to have a heart that desires to please You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

I may have shared that in my new devotional book for each day there is a morning prayer, scripture, meditation and evening prayer. The prayers often reflect what is in my own heart and so I have begun the journal entries with the prayers.

Deuteronomy 10: 12, 13 “Now Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good.”

I spend a lot of my prayer time praying and contemplating the path I am taking to becoming a chaplain. I am constantly seeking God’s plan for my life. I am convinced that I am called to be a chaplain, but I am not so sure of the path to follow in order to become an ordained minister. In this passage I read the five requirements God has set out for His people; to fear Him, walk in His ways, love Him, serve Him with all I am, keep the commandments and His law. Yes, I realize that these are Old Testaments requirements and as Christians we live under the blanket of grace. I think that we need to read this not as what we are required to do, but we choose to do and desire with all of our hearts.

My difficulty is not in faithfulness to the call to service, but in following God’s plan to be able to serve with His authority and blessings of the church. I am seeking God’s very clear voice as to the path to take. I may not be sure of the road, but I have complete assurance that God’s faithfulness and clear, strong voice will become clear in His time and will leave no doubt.

I am truly praying the Morning Prayer to hear and understand God’s will and being courageous enough to follow what he has asked. I ask you to be in prayer for me and with me. Thank you all mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes (or red Roper Boots!). Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us remember to lift each other up in prayer daily. Love and giving thanks for all of you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer update: Keep Carme and Dave in your prayers each day. Carme has informed the kids to get (another!) new tattoo. This one will be green for kidney cancer. Any excuse…(LOL!)

No comments: