Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Isaiah 44: 2 “The Lord who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one.”

Today began with our dear friend David in the surgeon’s office. The surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, February 2 at 8:00. Please mark your calendars so you can pray for him on that day. Carme has requested that everyone wear green as green is the kidney cancer color. We will go to San Antonio on Tuesday and return either Wednesday or Thursday.

This morning as I began my devotional time just prior to the children arriving in my classroom this scripture was given. I had received the text message from Carme that Dave was going to the surgeon’s office today. She also said he was more than a bit nervous.

God gives us what we need when we need it. I think we all needed to hear from a voice greater than our own the words: “Do not be afraid.” There are several passages through the scriptures that tell us to not be afraid, but this one passage is spoken with authority. The prophet Isaiah says, “The Lord who made you and helps you says…!

Remember when you were a little kid and one of your brothers or sisters told you to do something. You (if you were like me) blew them off. After all, “they were not the boss of you.” They had no authority to back up their command to do their bidding. But if they said, “Mama said…” It changed the whole situation. You did what was asked because the person in authority said to perform the task.

This passage says, “The Lord who made you says, do not be afraid.” This was the voice of authority that commanded the earth and the sky to separate. This same voice created the fish in the sea, the animals on dry land and the birds of the air. And this is the same voice that created from the dust of the earth a man and a woman and blew His very breath into them. We were not created by accident. We were chosen out of His love to walk the earth (or in Dave’s case roll!) in service to Him who created us. We are resting in the hands of our own creator. The arms of the Father are the safest and most trusting place I can ever imagine.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continually lift each other up in prayer. As I learned a few years ago, everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Love you all and thank you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: