Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: Father, today I will face conflict because I live for you. Thank you that Jesus is my Lord and that He is strong in battle. There is no conflict too hard for Him. I submit myself to His Lordship today. Amen

Psalm 24: 8,9 “Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.”

It is report card time. One day this week I will hand out report cards. This time each six weeks always brings about a flurry of conferences with parents about the progress of their students. Sometimes these conferences can become somewhat emotional especially if the child is in danger of needing to repeat the grade. When these conferences occur I always pray for the Holy Spirit to come between myself and the parent. I pray for a peaceful conference even if the discussion is going to be difficult.

I find myself repeating this behavior when I am faced with other discussions in other areas of my life which I think will be difficult. If the Holy Spirit stands between me and the other party, not only does peaceful discussion occur, but thoughtful listening. The Holy Spirit acts as a filter and guide to what is said, what is heard and allows for a better outcome than if I did not ask for the Presence.

No matter what the conflict is, God through the Holy Spirit will stand in between for “there is no conflict too hard” for God when we submit to His Lordship, allowing Him to stand in the gap and be in the conflict with us. When we ask God to be strong in the battle then He is truly Lord of all. The battle does not just mean disagreement between people, those we love or work with, but can mean illness, separation and grief. When we lift up the gates to our hearts and minds inviting our creator to enter, then the King of glory comes in just with the asking. Ask now and ask often.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer daily remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: