Monday, January 24, 2011

Blessed Sunday to your all!

Worship was amazing this morning. Pastor Joel said it sounded like the praise team was filled with the Spirit as we led the music in worship. Pastor Joel spoke on peace this morning.

Philippians 4 6-7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you love in Christ Jesus.”

Today was one of those Pentecost moments where it appeared that Pastor Joel was speaking as God’s representative directly to me. God will grant peace to me concerning the path I am to follow to ordination. Pastor also said the way to receive this peace is to pray. He told us that the average Lutheran spends about 20 seconds at a time in prayer. (In that respect I am not the average Lutheran.) Pastor said to get on our knees and pray claiming God’s victory over Satan, to pray and give thanksgiving for everything God has done. Spending time with God is the way to hear and understand what he has to say as He directs our path in the way He wants us to go.

So whenever you read this journal entry plan to take some time to pray. Get to know God and His Word which promises the peace that passes all understanding. The peace of which the scripture speaks is God’s peace. It may not happen instantly and in fact it will most likely take time, but our God does not lie. I read somewhere that it is impossible to stumble when you are on your knees. It’s time to hit the floor, friends, and get to know our God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other in prayer daily. Love you dearly, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: