Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Friday!

Update from Carme and Dave. Dave will see the surgeon on Tuesday and is expecting a surgery date to be set. Please continue to keep these precious people in your prayers. Carme and Dave thank all of you for your prayers.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Today let me be reminded of all that I have and all that You have provided for me because of Your great love. Amen

Psalm 100:3-5 “Know that the Lord, he is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.”

Family! On the mantle in our living room there hangs a simple wooden plaque stating “Families are Forever.” Tonight Bruce was working late (Praise God for work!), Geni was at work so it was just me and Travis, so we had a date. We went out for dinner and then just knocked around a bit. While at dinner I asked him if it bothered him that we have always tried to keep him, Geni and Casey close to us. His response was a resounding, NO! It made me feel good to know that it was okay for him to spend Friday night with his Mom. I treasure the closeness I have been blessed to experience with our children. And even though they will move out someday with homes of their own, it is my hope that they, too, will treasure time spent with their families because we have always treasured them.

Our children are the creation of Bruce and Gaylene out of our love for each other. We have provided for our children all of their lives. We hope that throughout their lives we have shown them good examples of responsible adults who place value on people and relationships above objects and good examples of how to love. God created each of us and provided for our needs. It is our relationship with God that gives our life meaning.

In this psalm we find that the Lord is good, our source of goodness. Our Lord is merciful and has unfailing love for each of us. Our Lord is Truth, His promises and His faithfulness will endure forever. As His children we are given all of these promises. As members of the family of God we are a family forever.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: