Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: Father, today is the day You have made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Thank you for knowing everything I will face. Grow me today for the cause of Christ. Amen

1 Peter 1: 13—15 Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not comforting your selves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy in all your conduct.”

Tonight’s prayer and passage are being especially written for Carme and Dave Russell as they are going through a difficult time with health issues. But they are staying steadfast in their faith and believing that God’s plan will be carried out in their lives and that God will receive the victory.

When we walk difficult roads and face the tough situations of life God instructs each of us to have lifestyle without bitterness, rooted in hope and focused on Christ. God calls each of us to be holy in our behavior and He places His holiness in each of us through our faith and belief in Jesus. An American clergyman, James H. Aughy said, “Holiness is not the way to Christ, but Christ is the way to holiness. We do not come equipped with holiness. Holiness comes when we have learned about and experienced the holiness of Christ by giving Him lordship over our lives and experiences. God commands us to “know what we believe.” If we know what we believe then we know that God surrounds us with His peace and comfort and the assurance that He is with us all the time, never forsaking us.

My friends, everyone fights some kind of battle. Let us fix our minds on Christ and become more like Him each day.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Stay warm! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: