Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer updates: Nothing definitive on Dave Russell, just keep praying. Geni began student teaching today. She went to bed uncharacteristically early from exhaustion. Welcome to the life of a teacher. Just keep praying.

Prayer: “Father, give me eyes that see You and ears that hear You today.”I Jesus name. Amen

Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”

The story goes like this…There was this lion who was watching this herd of buffalo. He knew it would do him no good to attack the herd for the herd was too strong . So the lion waited for one buffalo to be by himself before he pounced. The lion kept patiently waiting for the buffalo one by one to leave the protection of the herd where he would pick them off. And eventually the buffalo herd was destroyed.
How is important is our community of believers?

I am so fortunate. I live in a household of faith. I teach in a school with so many colleagues who are believers and prayer warriors. The congregation with whom I worship is caring, compassionate, with servant’s hearts, and I attend a Christian university. I am surrounded by believers in God through Jesus Christ.

But what of those who walk away from the community and decide to stand alone? Those are the ones for which Satan lays in wait. We are called to “stir up love and exhort one another” so that we surround those who are young in the faith, those who are having a crisis of faith or those who are maybe losing the fire their faith once afforded. We need to lift one another up and be watchful of each other offering love when sometimes love is hard. Offering patience and a listening ear when we are full of impatience and disappointment is difficult. Inviting those who have wandered away back into worship and fellowship, Bible study and service may be outside our comfort zone. Satan does not attack a group because the strength of the group is stronger than one standing alone. The one alone is where the attack will come. Love and care for each other always!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: