Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Matthew 7: 7-8 “Ask, and it will be given unto you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be given unto you. For everyone who asks, receives, and he who seeks, finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”

There are many denominations and many different faiths being practiced in the world today, but the one common thread in every faith practice is that we all pray. Communities of faith are people of prayer. One of the first lessons we learn comes from this passage. God asks us to pray and to ask.

When I can’t find something in the grocery store I may feel kind of silly, but I find someone to ask. And, being directionally challenged, asking for directions is a practice! But I never feel silly asking God for direction. God welcomes our requests and invites us to ask as often as we need. God knocks on the doors of our hearts and minds and so desires to be welcomed in.

Next, God asks us to seek. God wants us to seek the answers to our questions through prayer and study. But God also tells us He will not burst in on us, but will politely knock and wait to be invited inside. Prayer is inviting God in and seeking His knowledge, His direction, His wisdom, His forgiveness and His grace.

I pray each of you is a part of a community of faith that is a community of prayer. A community that prays for themselves and each other is a community that has the heart of God. So friends, let us follow the words of the scriptures and knock, ask, seek and live in the hope that God listens to each request, hears every groan and listens when we just need to talk.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: