Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Today was my first class of the semester at Brite. I am taking Congregational Leadership. And even though it is not my intent to lead a congregation I am sure the information will be helpful and the class actually has familiar faces and a delightfully humorous professor. The class is from 6:45 to 9:15 PM. It makes for a very long day!

James 3: 13 “Who is wise and understanding among you , let him show by good conduct that his words are done in the meekness of wisdom.”

“Wisdom is gaining the knowledge of God’s character and desires and applying it to daily life. Wisdom is seeing the world through the eyes of Christ.” Jesus healed the blind man by the pool at Bethsaida and allowed the man to see clearly. Wisdom comes to us by the hand of God through the life of Jesus. God calls each of us to see all people as objects of God’s love and wants us to show His love to them. The life of Christ is shown to others by the way we walk in humble wisdom and see others through the eyes of Christ.

When we walk in the humble wisdom of Christ we are changed eternally and will change the lives of others. The only way I know to do this is by getting ourselves out of the way so that Christ might work through us. We can be a life giving force in the lives of others by letting Christ work through us and show His goodness and tender mercies to all we meet.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes/boots while continuing to wear extra socks because it is supposed to be 19 degrees in the morning. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another in prayer each day praying for wisdom and opportunity to share God’s love. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: