Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Thursday!

The first grade funny for the day. After school I was speaking to a fellow teacher and at the close of our conversation I told her I would see her tomorrow. One of my students said, “You have to come to work tomorrow and we get to stay home?” I replied, “Yes.” His final word on this was, “That is sad, Mrs. Chrystie.” Out of the mouths of babes…”

Proverbs 23: 15-16 “My son, if your heart is wise, my heart will rejoice—indeed, I myself; yes, my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak right things.”

My new prayer journal has a morning prayer, a scripture passage, a meditation and an evening prayer. The Morning Prayer began with “Father God, this morning I am mindful that you are thinking of me.” Are those great words to wake up to?! I was so awed to think that God would think of me when He has a lot more important things to think about than me. As I continued to read and meditate I remembered that we are children of the King. We have learned the King’s language and His desires for each of us.

God desires that we live lives of honor. God desires for us to speak words of honor, dignity and grace that reflect His eternal calling in our lives. God rejoices when we, His children, share His story of love, grace and forgiveness with others and when we live our lives in holiness. As I close this entry I am reminded of the Psalm, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are acceptable to You this day.” And Lord, forgive me when I do not speak as You would like me to speak.

Evening Prayer begins: “Lord God Almighty, thank You for calling me by Your amazing grace to be your child and serve you in Your eternal Kingdom.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: