Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Saturday and Happy New Year!

Let me begin with these words…GO FROGS! WE WIN! Was that an awesome game or what?! WOW!

Bruce and I also celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary today. We took down the Christmas tree, watched the game and just spent the day together. It has been a wonderful day.

Ephesians 4: 26-29 “Be angry and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, do not give the devil a foothold. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that may impart grace to the hearers.”

Tonight I really needed to hear these words and meditate on them. This passage reminded me of some very wise words by a college friend, “Sometimes we are the only Bibles people ever read.” God looks on His children, believers in Christ and sees and hears how we speak and act. Sometimes Satan enters our thoughts and actions and changes the way we walk, talk and think. God wants us to speak only those words that are pleasing to Him and act in ways that are godly ways. God wants us to seek out those who have needs and help meet the needs of others.

Did you ever notice in scripture that God placed Jesus in the lives of people to meet their needs? Jesus met the woman at the well and met her need for forgiveness and in the same breath revealed Himself to her as the Messiah. God desires for us to walk in the ways of Christ and to be willing to be placed into situations where He can work through us. It is not always necessary that we know the need. We can be assured that God knows the need and will reveal to us how we can help.

So here are our marching orders for the new year. (You all know that I write what I need to hear, r/ight?) Our calling is to be willing to go where God sends us and to listen to His instructions. Let’s pray…

Almighty God, You are the One who has met our every need and our deepest needs. May we be the vessel through which You meet needs in the lives of those around us. In Jesus’ name, Amen

Take joy in this amazing journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other in prayer daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: