Thursday, December 30, 2010

Greetings from Collierville, Tennessee (somewhere near Memphis).

Happy Wednesday! We made it to the area around Graceland today. I was given time to prowl some of the shops just across the street from Graceland and soak in a little Elvis. It was wonderful fun and brought back memories of growing up hearing his music and attending two of his concerts. I even called my aunt who is an Elvis fan too and talked with her as I walked through a store called “Everything Elvis.” We then walked across the street and Dale took our picture in front of the music gates. It was great fun.

Next we went to this totally “beatnik” coffee shop in Mid-Town Memphis. The atmosphere was cool with mismatched tables and chairs purchased from second hand shops, very rustic in its decor with odd couches and chairs. There were people with books to read, computers, conversations and families eating pastries and drinking coffee and hot chocolate. The coffee was quite good and it may become a traditional stop in future visits to the Memphis area.

Our day ended with a dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack to celebrate Dale and Gayle’s 31st anniversary. What a great day! Families are forever!

Philippians 2:13 “For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.”

God works in each of us through prayer. Believing in the power of prayer and believing in the One to whom we prayer is claiming the assurance that God is working for us, with us and in us. Because we believe, we can continue to walk in faith unafraid for God is with us. With men, tasks are impossible, but with God all things are possible. I love the word all. God’s Word does not say the best 2 out of 3 or every other one or most. It says ALL things are possible! Trust in the Lord with all your heart, your entire mind and all your strength and lean not on you own understanding. Let God be God and let us pay attention!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and please pray as we travel home tomorrow. We are leaving early in the morning. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Ron McNutt, one of my team members at school, lost his mother-in-law today. He will be traveling with his wife, Anne, to Ohio for services. I ask your prayers for travel mercy and comfort in their time of grief and loss. gc

No comments: