Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Thursday/News Year’s Eve Eve!

We arrived home safely around 4:00 this afternoon. We left Memphis around 5:30 AM. Our early departure allowed us to still stop for breakfast and lunch and to miss all of the heavy traffic in the larger areas. It felt so great to cross over from Arkansas back into Texas. Arkansas roads are not fun!

John 4:35 “Say not you, there are yet four months, and then comes harvest? Behold, I say unto you lift up your eyes and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.”

I have known God all of my life and had a personal relationship with Christ since I was 15. I do not remember a time when God was not a part of my life. I cannot imagine living even a moment of my life without a daily walk with Christ. When I think there are those who do not have Christ in their lives my heart really aches for them. When Jesus looks at God’s human creation and sees those who do not know Him, I think the heart of Jesus aches for them too. They have no sustaining power. The most those who do not know Christ can hope to have is a temporary victory over life’s daily struggles. Those who do not know Christ do not come to Him so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.

It is our job as believers, servants of God and brothers/sisters to Christ is to tell as many people as we can about the amazing things God has done in our lives through the resurrected Christ. Our calling is to “preach Christ everyday using words if necessary.” (Bruce Chrystie), and especially to tell someone who does not know Christ . It is our job to plant the seeds of Christ-like love into the hearts, minds and practices of everyone who does not know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Once someone comes to know Jesus they will soon realize that even though tough times happen in our lives, Jesus becomes the source of happiness and peace.

Tell someone today of our Lord and Savior and wish them a Happy New Year! What an awesome way to begin the New Year than with a new relationship in Jesus Christ our Lord!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say tour prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers for travel mercy and a safe journey home. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: