Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

My paper has been sent off and I am praying that the grade this time will be higher than the previous one. But more importantly it is so important to me for the professor to realize that the witness to a victorious and resurrected Christ is primary in my writing even if it is not as academic as the writing of others. I wrote a paper on funeral practices with emphasis on the celebration of life service using the service I wrote for Casey’s service. It was an interesting paper to write although it had its moments of difficulty as it brought back a number of memories. Please pray for this piece of writing.

1 Corinthians 15: 20-21 “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also, the resurrection of the dead.”

The disciples always amaze me. They were in the presence of the living God and they somehow still did not get it. They were present at the revelation of who Jesus was at the Last Supper and believed that by some super power or magic moment that Jesus was going to be rescued. I think the disciples must have believed that the forces of evil were just too strong and that the mission Jesus came to fulfill was a dismal failure. Perhaps that is why they fled when the soldiers came. My meditation suggests that perhaps they were not so much afraid of the enemies but that they had been following the wrong “Way.”

But then the resurrection came and hope was restored and faith revived. They would gather and remember all they had been taught and all that had been revealed to them. They would have the assurance of the Divinity of Jesus and His “Messiahship.” And most important was that they would remember that the Holy Spirit was coming and would help them. Because they were to be empowered by the Holy Spirit, they would be able to do greater and more far reaching works in the name of Jesus and His Name would increase.

As modern day disciples we are given the same Holy Spirit and are given the same calling. We are called to spread the name of Jesus and share the love of God to all we meet.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: