Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Friday!

Song of Solomon 2: 10 “My lover said to me, Rise up, my darling! Come away with me, my fair one!”

Well, here is a verse I never thought I would write about! But the meditation was really wonderful. Sometimes I sit in front of this laptop after reading a scripture passage and the meditation that goes with it; praying about what this text has to tell me and I draw a blank. I cannot think of what to write and no words are coming from my brain to the keyboard.

Those are the times I remain silent before God. I don’t even ask for words, I just sit and enjoy His presence. Do you have a best friend? In your friendship do you always have to be in conversation or can you just sit together over a cup of coffee and take comfort in being together? Bruce and I have been married for almost 30 years and we still have not run out of things to say (no great surprise!), but we can also be quiet with each other. This quietness comes because we love and understand each other and are willing to wait in quietness until one of us is ready to speak.

God is the same way. There are times when God is silent. When God is silent then we need to just stay on track and continue to grow in His likeness each day through study, worship, prayer and service. God is still enabling each one of us to grow in His silence. Just because God is quiet does not mean He is not still at work.

I think about Mary. The Holy Spirit spoke through the angel and then God was quiet. Mary still had to walk the path God had placed before her, continuing to grow in faith and believing that God was still with her even though God was quiet. So she waited for God to speak again. She magnified the Lord with a song and rejoiced in God her Savior.

Let us take joy in the journey to Bethlehem. Wear comfortable shoes. Count our blessings and continue to say our prayers and remember to continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert: The candidacy interview is a week from today, 10:00 am next Friday to be exact. I pray that by this time next week I will be able to write to you as an approved ministerial candidate for ordination. I ask your prayers for this time of prayer and preparation (a time of advent) for this interview. gc

No comments: