Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Bruce is feverishly working on editing my paper at this writing. Please pray for him.

John 15: 14 “You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you.”

Who is your best friend? My best girlfriend is Carme. We have been friends for almost thirty years. Even though we have not been geographically close to each other during all of those years we have managed to keep up with each other especially during the last few years. A lot of changes have occurred in our lives in the recent past. We have celebrated great joys, deep sorrows and we have counted on each other for support, prayer and simply knowing that we were there for each other no matter what. When I think of Carme as my friend I know why she is my friend and why I am hers. We love each other and accept each other without judgment with the full knowledge that all one of us has to do is call and the other one will be there.

Jesus is our friend. The friendship with Jesus goes much deeper than our friendship with those here on earth. Our friendship with Jesus includes our worship and honor of Him. This friendship requires allegiance and love. When we become a friend of Jesus, He becomes our friend too. In our friendship with Jesus we can count on Him. And He in turn counts on us. Did you ever consider that Jesus counts on us?

When I received my Emmaus cross at the commissioning service I was charged with these words, “Christ is counting on you.” My response was, “And I am counting on Christ.” I count on Christ as my Lord and Savior, my teacher, heavenly Father and my friend. It awes me to think that God counts on me as His friend as well.

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: