Monday, November 8, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

What a day! Bruce and I were up before the sun this morning and heading to our churches to lead worship in Rockett and Palmer, Texas. Then we splurged and had a lunch date: just us! (We rarely eat out).

After returning home I worked on my paper that is due on Wednesday. I am pleased with the work I was able to do. This time the paper is on Sacraments. It was really a great paper to write as I have a high interest in the Sacraments. I am sure I will administer the sacraments in my chosen (second) career. It is now in Bruce’s capable editing hands. We have the hope of sending it off on Tuesday before it is due on Wednesday. Please ask God to bless this piece of writing that it may find favor in the eyes of my Professor. One more large work and a group worship presentation and I will have completed this class.

Ephesians 4: 30 “And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

How does the Holy Spirit work in our lives? Let’s talk about that one. When we dwell with God and desire only His will for our lives then the Holy Spirit cannot fail to pass through our hearts and lives and into the lives of others.

Here is an example. When you have pipes with water running through them, the pipes are not doing the work, but rather it is the water passing through the pipes that does the work. If the pipes get blocked then the water cannot reach its destination and do the work it was destined to do.

The blockage in our lives is us. When we carry around more of ourselves than we are open to God’s leading and prompting then the Spirit cannot pass through and His work cannot be done. We must decrease ourselves so that God can increase more and use us as vessels in His service.

Friends, we are all channels of God’s love and grace through the power of the Holy Spirit which is in us and flows through us. So what is the Drano we can use to unblock our pipes so that the Holy Spirit can flow freely through us? Well, the first is prayer. We get to know God by being in conversation with Him, both speaking and listening. Next , we read His Word so we learn of Him and last we surrender our wills over to His leading and walk in obedience the path God has destined for each of us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: