Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Friday!

I am sorry I did not write on last evening but exhaustion set in and I kept falling asleep in front of my laptop. It has been quite a busy week with lots of writing beginning with a paper on sacraments and a sermon for Sunday and a week of busy first graders and grad school, I guess it all sort of caught up with me.

Proverbs 4: 12 “When you go, your steps shall not be held back and when you run you won’t stumble.”

Did you ever look back and see God’s guiding hand in something you have done? When you are going through a situation and it is particularly difficult, it is sometimes hard to see God’s plan and guiding hand. But then you look back and see that God planned each and every step as if each tile in the mosaic that was created was fit into place by the Master Designer and Artist Himself. We do not see the whole picture as it is being created, we can only keep adding the pieces and hope that we are placing them in obedience as guided and instructed by God. I think God places an empty canvas before us and then gives us a place of beginning. Our place of beginning is belief. When we believe then God can place the beautiful colors before us and guide us to place them where He wants them to create the patterns of our life; a life lived in love and service to the Master Artist Himself.

We don’t always know what God’s will is for our lives, but we can rest assured of these things: First, God loves us and we can count on the power of His love in all we do; second, God hears and answers all of our prayers; next, we are called into His service and are meant to tell others of His love. Last, we have the hope of the resurrection power of Jesus and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.

We may not be able to envision the final product of the work in progress, but we can count on divine guidance as we persevere and continue in the work created by the Master. The work may not be easy, but when the final product is ready it will be perfect!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and tomorrow a sweater. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS GO FROGS!!

No comments: