Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

I found the top to my desk tonight and I am actually doing this writing from my desk in the dining room. I finished my paper and turned it over to the most capable hands of my hubby for editing and clarification. He is really wonderful.

Philippians 3:13, 14 “But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark…”

Mark 11: 25 “But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too”

I am planning to retire from teaching in May. I won’t stop working in May, but the numbers work out better if I retire in May and work into June. When I found out this could happen this year we were at the office of our insurance rep. and I cried all the way home. Teaching is all I have ever done for over 30 years, and even though I am looking forward to becoming a full time student in the fall, it will be hard to imagine not buying a new box of crayons and bulletin board border in the fall. It will be a bittersweet moment when the first day of school begins and I am not in Rm. 6 greeting parents and drying the tears of children and parents as they leave their children in my care.

But as the scripture says, we must leave some things behind and press on toward the higher calling of God in Christ Jesus, our Lord. This is a step of faith as I begin to transition out of the field of being an educator to becoming one who is being educated. It will mean a cut in pay and some things around the house will have to change, but I am convinced that God has called me into this ministry. I have faith that God will help us meet our needs as I continue to learn.

I will be 55 in just a few days. I recently found my entrance essay for grad school. It is entitled, “Am I Too Old for Another Adventure?” Things have changed a lot since that piece of writing, but the calling has not. The ministry area has become defined, but God calling me into service has not changed.

Circumstances in our lives change all of the time, but God’s calling for all of us never changes. He still calls us to love one another as He has loved us. God has called us into service and expects us to answer in the affirmative even if it is completely outrageous and seemingly impossible. God loves doing the impossible in our lives. It lets us know that nothing is impossible with Him. So friends let us open up our hearts and minds and let God do His work within each of us. We never know where it might lead…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Please pray for Bruce as he wades through this paper. And please pray for the paper itself that it might not only be a document that satisfies a requirement in this class, but that it may serve as a witness to my faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thanks! gc

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Wow! I love the pipes and water analogy! Your writings continue to inspire me! Thanks for all your work! Love, Rhon