Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Praise God! Inservice is over for a while! Now all that is left are the finishing touches and lesson planning. I still have quite a bit to do, but the majority is ready for children on Monday. I think I am beginning the year with 24 children. That is two over the legal limit, but as grade level lead teacher I am allowed two above the limit of 22. Say a prayer for me.

John 4:24 “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

When Peter was on the shore after the resurrection, Christ met Peter on the beach and asked him “Peter do you love me.” Peter answered with a Greek term meaning “brotherly” love. “Yes, I love philios you.” Jesus asks Peter the same question again and Peter responds with the same phrase. When the risen Christ asks Peter for a third time, Jesus meets Peter’s gaze and raises him up to the same level as Himself, “Peter do you love Me?” Peter responds, “Lord, you know I do.” The risen Christ then charges Peter to “Feed My sheep.” Christ needed for Peter to understand that the brotherly love he felt was not enough. Peter needed to understand agape love; the selfless-sacrificing love of God through Christ. Only then could Peter serve in the capacity of the call of Christ.

When God came to earth to inhabit a human temple, to house His divinity, He brought to earth His divine power. This power through Christ was to be forever expressed in the children of God who accepted Jesus and opened their hearts to His and sought to live an agape life. God came to earth in human form so that we could experience His divine power through the Holy Spirit.

So when we worship God, we bow before Him to be reminded that He took on our humanity to raise our humanity to divinity. He has called each of us to His purpose. So we must learn to love as He loves and learn to feed the sheep.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for one another. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS The celebration of life service for Scott Pound will be this Saturday morning at 11:00 at Advent Lutheran Church in Arlington, Texas.

The Summer Womens Bible Study has been moved to August 28 at Advent Lutheran Church from 9:00—1:30. Bring a Salad to share. I would love to see you there. Love you, gc

No comments: