Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blessed Sunday! What an amazing day!

1 Timothy 1:12 “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do His work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve Him.”

Okay, this is a God moment.

This morning, upon arrival at church, I was informed that Scott Pound’s funeral service would be at 11:00 on next Saturday morning. If that were to be true then the service would be in the middle of the Summer Women’s Bible Study. I soon ascertained that it was true, so the Bible study is being postponed until most likely the next Saturday (I will let you know). Under normal circumstances that would not be a problem, but on the 28th (the next Saturday, remember?) Travis competes in a power lifting event and I was planning to attend in support. Nancy Kuper, the woman in charge of the event, asked if I could still present on the 28th.

Now I am caught between a rock and a hard place. My Bible Study piece is prepared, but that still leaves the decision of whether to attend the power lifting meet or not. I was really torn about this. So I sat down to pray. After a brief prayer time the scripture lesson was read and the passage was 1 Timothy 1:12.

God has been teaching me about obedience all summer long. My answer came in this brief passage. God has called me to the ministry. If I am to be obedient to the call then I must honor my commitment to the Bible Study and prayerfully support Travis. This was my first challenge from Satan. But when I heard the passage I knew what to do and Satan was defeated.

I must admit this reality of the ministry to which I have been called hit me square in the face and heart today. I spoke with Nancy after worship and shared with her about my first battle with Satan and its outcome. I told her it would be my incredible joy to share during the Bible study even whenever it is and to serve as I have been appointed. I will have many more decisions just like this to make throughout my ministry. This one was reasonably small and when I asked God for an answer His answer was immediate and quite clear. So maybe when really difficult choices come throughout this ministry I will be able to answer the call in joyful obedience.

The power of prayer is enormous. I know that I cannot even begin to continue through school and this ministry without walking the journey grounded in prayer. Prayers from my own heart, from those around me and all of you who read this blog will be instrumental, inspiring and lovingly received and so appreciated.

Pray your needs to God and then listen for His answer. God always answers prayers. Maybe not as quickly as my received answer this morning, but answers will come and you, as I was today, will be blessed.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other and for the family of Scott Pound. Love you all so much and thank you mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: