Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Monday!

Today was the first day back in the swing of things at school. No students as yet, just meetings and renewing friendships with the teachers and staff at Burton Hill. It was a great day. As for my classroom…all boxes are gone, the furniture is set and two bulletin boards are covered with one board ready for names to be added. I have two more boards to cover and put into use. The accomplishment today was the creation of “Frog Lobby.” This is a sitting area outside my classroom door complete with two purple and white TCU chairs, a book stand with books for reading and a cute little bear sitting amidst two purple and white pom-poms. It is really cute. Go Frogs!

Matthew 4:23 “And Jesus went about all Galilee, healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”

The first word in my meditation tonight was “rest.” I thought, “well I have heard about that word, but never put it into use the week prior to school starting!” The next phrase says, “It is wrong to force work.” As I was working in my classroom after a full day of meetings I kept saying, “I am going to cover one more board and then I am going home.” And then I did a few more things and repeated the same “I am going home.” Finally after placing a pocket chart on the wall and pulling it down twice, I got the message. I gathered my things and went home.

When I finally sat down I began to rest. As I prepared to write I began to feel the tiredness wane with the anticipation of spending a few moments with God and His Word. After reading the passage I realized that I needed to be healed of my tiredness. Yes, I realize sleep will help relieve me of the weariness, but resting on God’s Word is a place of rest.

The passage of scripture says the words, “all manner of…” Just like the sleep I will get tonight will help restore my body and prepare it for the tasks of tomorrow, reading and claiming God’s healing Word will help restore my spirit and ready me to meet the challenges tomorrow will bring. I never thought about asking for healing from tiredness, but tiredness is not just physical, but can be spiritual, mental and emotional. When one part of you is tired then it affects the remainder of the aspects of your life. So God calls us to claim Him as healer and rest on His Word. He is the cure, for rest and Peace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: