Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

The paper went out over the airwaves today. I wrote to my teacher and asked for a confirmation that she received the paper, just to be sure.

Leviticus 26:12 “And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you will be My people.”

Touched by an Angel begins with Della Reese singing,”I will walk with you.” What a wonderful comforting phrase and promise from our God. God walks with us to guide, protect, comfort, strengthen and uphold each of us every step of the road on which we walk.

Have you ever walked with a friend? I mean not just to get to a destination, but just to be with the person. I think that is one of the reasons God walks among us. God loves us. He loves us as His children and loves us as friends. Friends enjoy spending time together. Sometimes friends talk as they walk and sometimes they walk together in comfortable silence allowing each other just to enjoy being in each other’s company.

I think walking with God is sort of like that. Sometimes when I am with God I talk, ask, listen, share, cry and laugh. And sometimes when I am with God I just call His name and am quiet before Him and walk in comfortable silence like two good friends. I find a sense of comfort in the simplicity of the walk and in its Love and trust. I also find powerful joy rising up within me when I walk with God.

God loves to walk with His children when we are in need and when we are just in need of a walk. Take time to walk with God. He has claimed us as His people and names Himself our God. So my friends, lace up your sneakers and take a walk.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable “walking” shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for each of you and give thanks for your prayers for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: