Monday, July 26, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

What an amazing day! We spent most of the day with our friends Carme and Dave. They met us for worship and then for lunch. The people at the restaurant sort of put us in the corner and it was a wise choice because between Carme, Dave, Bruce, me, Geni, Travis and Carrie (one of Geni’s friends from school), we were the loudest table in the restaurant, but we also had the most fun! After a short break, we then went back to Carme and Dave’s hotel and had a great visit. Carme and Dave are doing really well.

Proverbs 16:9 “A man’s heart leads his way; but the Lord guides his steps.”

In worship today Pastor Marc spoke about holy moments. Moments in our lives when the Spirit raises up in us glimpses of the way God wants us to lead our lives. When Jesus prayed the Lord’s Prayer, it was witnessed by the disciples. Can you imagine their awe when this One whom they only might imagine has powers greater than their own, bowing before the Father in prayer? Here is Jesus teaching them to pray because He practices prayer Himself.

Just as God had lordship over His Son, Jesus, Jesus has lordship over our lives. God through Jesus and the Word asks us leave plans to Him and then act as He bids us to act. When we learn to trust Jesus with our plans then we enter into a God-guided life. This means God-taught and God-guided. What an amazing life to which we have all been charged! I believe my heart has led me to the ministry of chaplaincy and school will teach me how to do this job and God will guide me each step of the way through prayer, study, the Word and His people.

Tomorrow it is my plan to complete my pastoral care paper. I am giving God lordship over this paper. I will pray before I begin the final part of the paper, keep my beautiful prayer shawl close by (I was given a beautiful hand-crochet prayer shawl by the Prayer Shawl Ministry of Advent today) and ask God to help me write the words to convey the message of compassion, forgiveness and reconciliation needed to show God’s love and grace in the ministry of pastoral care. Thank you for all of your continued prayers.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for each of you. Please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS By the time I get this degree all of you are going to feel as if you too have earned a Masters of Divinity, too!

No comments: