Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Candidacy process update: Today I received a packet of materials asking medical history including at what age my grandparents died. I had to make a phone call to mom and dad to find those answers. Go figure! My interview which is four hours long is scheduled for September 9 in Dallas (start praying now!) and the remainder of my current paperwork is due by August 13. I am beginning to think that the ELCA must think if you can endure the entrance procedures to the candidacy process you might just make it in the ministry!

1John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.”

When do we dwell with God? Do we dwell with God only when we are in trouble or experiencing grief and loss? Or, do we remember that we dwell with God when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing (yes, I know it is July in Texas) and the flowers are blooming? God dwells with us in the storm and in the calm. God dwells with us when our lives are filled with butterflies and best friends and cold iced tea on a summer day. I remember my mother-in-law, bless her precious soul. If there was not a current crisis going on, she would find one or create one. She seemed to struggle to accept the sunlight and beautiful day and was much more comfortable with the storm. She was a praying woman and maybe the storm kept her close to God. But as we all know the sun always shines after the storm.

The sunshine after the storm is God’s promise to remain with us in all we do, everyday and every way. Out of His love for us He chose to dwell with us through Jesus. Jesus walked daily with the disciples in the storm, on the beach, down the road, during dinner and in the temple. He dwelt with them in their lives day by day and through each night. Jesus lived in love with the disciples and taught them to love God through Himself.

Jesus tells us, “I have overcome the world. You will have tribulation but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” We can dwell with God and joy and peace shall be ours, sunshine or rain.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for each of you. Please continue to pray for our family.

Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: