Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Monday!

Deuteronomy 7:24 “And He shall deliver their kings into your hand, and you shall destroy their name from under heaven; there shall no man be able to stand before you.”

I must admit I am a bit nervous about tomorrow. I begin my class in pastoral care. It is a class that is cramming an entire semester’s work into eight class days and a week to write a final paper. I always get nervous when beginning a new class because I am not very sophisticated in academia. But this is the first class that will be directly pertinent to the calling of chaplaincy. I seem to feel I will never measure up and the professor will look at me and think “they really let her in here?”

I really needed this passage tonight. This passage is God speaking to Moses (who did not think he would measure up either, so maybe I am in good company.) God tells Moses just do what I tell you and everything will be okay. God remained with Moses leading, blessing, helping and controlling his actions as Moses led the people out of Egypt and into the land of Israel.

I have prayed about this class and now it is time to pray that I will understand what God wants me to learn and that I will do not just a good job, but will be a witness to God’s love and grace to those with whom I will be learning. My meditation tonight said, “If you trust Me and place your affairs in My hands then no man or woman can stand against My Will.”

So my friends, I surrender over to the Will of the Father this class. I pray that I will be given understanding when I do not understand and not to be afraid of those smarter than me, but to trust God as I learn and be a witness to others.

Faithful readers, I pray this prayer for you as well. I guess all of us have places in our lives of which we are uncertain and feel less than perfect in what we do. I do not ask to be made perfect, but I ask to be made worthy of the calling I have received and to give my best in His sight and to those with whom I will minister.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers (lots of them). Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: