Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Friday!

Today in class we were treated to a visit from a CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) instructor from Harris Methodist Hospital. She was amazing. I learned so much about what will happen when I get to that part of my studies. It is sort of the student teaching piece for hospital chaplains. I am not sure when I begin this part of my studies, but I am looking forward to it.

Psalm 5:11 “But let all those that put their trust in You rejoice let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them: let them also that love Your name be joyful in You.”

Each night I sign off with “take joy in the journey.” Taking joy in the journey is not always easy, but it is one way to defeat Satan when he hurls his arrows of doubt, confusion and lies. This week we have been talking about anger in my pastoral class. We talked about arguing with God. Too many people feel they cannot argue with God because it will anger Him and He will be disappointed with them. My answer is that God is bigger than our anger. Even if we argue with God He does not stop loving us and in fact if you think about it, arguing freely with God is showing the sign of a really good relationship that is safe and trusting. Just remember the nation of Israel. Now there was an argumentative bunch. They were in a constant state of argument and question and yet God never gave up on them and never stopped loving them. Even if we argue with God and blow off steam, He never stops loving us. What God does is to not become a part of our storm. When we are ready to listen then He speaks. That is cause for incredible joy!

Take joy in the journey in Jesus name. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Please pray for me and I will continue to pray for you. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: