Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Today I braved the outside world, put on make-up and ran some errands in the Arlington public. After an outing of a couple of hours I was ready to come home. I took a couple of Tylenol and rested with some ice on my face. By tonight I began to feel a lot more like me. I even felt comfortable enough to do some grocery shopping with Bruce and Travis.

Matthew 1:21 “And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name Jesus; for He shall save His people from their sins.”

Do you remember that old Gaither song There’s Just something About that Name? The song was about the name Jesus. When I first began to direct church choirs in my early 20’s this was one of the first songs I led the little country church choir to sing. I remember when the kids were small and they would have those times of crying seemingly endlessly and there was nothing I could do to bring them comfort, I would speak the name of Jesus. And finally there is this wonderful woman I met on the Kairos weekend this past spring who could speak the name Jesus and I would feel like I had just been given the most wonderful warm hug I had ever felt. Mary could say the name Jesus I felt like I had been wrapped in the ermine fur I wrote about a few nights ago. I listened to Mary say, “In Jesus name…” throughout the weekend and when she would speak the name of Jesus it would almost take my breath away for I knew Jesus was present. She would speak the name of Jesus with authority, assurance and abiding love.

My favorite song says, “There is strength in the name of the Lord. There is power in the name of the Lord. And there is hope in the name of the Lord. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” “And when there is nothing left to do, but just depend on you and the power of Your Name.” There is no other name that carries the power like the name of Jesus. When we call the name of Jesus we have the ear and heart of God at our disposal without any hesitation. Because we know His name we are raised to the highest of heights. We are allowed to sit at the highest place of all, the feet of the Father and pray, praise, plead, give thanks or just chat. He loves us enough to allow us to call Him Father and He calls us His children.

The name Jesus, let us use it, call it tenderly in authority, power and in love. In Jesus name…Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: