Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Psalm 121:1 “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comes my help.”

This morning God placed a friend in my path. Seriously, as I had just walked into the sanctuary a wonderful woman named Nancy Kuper was getting out the morning bulletins. We stopped to chat. She asked about my pending surgeries and shared with me that she too had experienced this same surgery. Her BCC (basal cell carcinoma) was also on her face. She said the surgery was painless and I could hardly see a scar. She made me feel much better about the procedure. Up until Nancy, I had never met anyone who had experienced this type of surgery.

Isn’t it awesome that God does not let us go through difficulties alone? I have been praying about these procedures and remembering the things the Dr.’s office tells me. The sentence I keep remembering is that I will leave the office cancer free. But it was such a blessing that God put this dear woman in my path in the sanctuary of our church to share her experience with me.

This was truly a God inspired moment. We were in a place of trust and holiness. Nancy helped me today and I know that when all is said and done that I will be very willing and glad to help someone else. I hope God will see fit to put others in my path so that I may be able to help someone else going through the same issues. In a past writing I shared with you that we learn about God through prayer, the Word and through His children. We are called to be there for one another. We are called to be little Christs for each other. I am thankful that God’s timing is perfect and that God placed Nancy in the sanctuary this morning just when I needed a glimpse of the Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: