Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Monday!

This morning as I listened to my drive time devotion the opening phrase said, “Let me wrap you in the ermine wrap of my love and protection.” I really loved the thought of being wrapped in the soft and extraordinary love of God. The image conjured of being wrapped in ermine made me feel surrounded in God’s warm and loving care. Then…tonight as I opened my devotion book, the title was, FACE TODAY with ME.

Psalm 25: 5 “Lead me in Your truth and teach me for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day.”

I have been somewhat nervous today with the first of the skin cancer surgeries in the morning. God seems to be reassuring me through His Word and His people that He will be with me through the procedures and throughout the day and the healing process. My devotion shared this meditation, ”Endeavor to put from you every thought of trouble. Take each day with no backward look, face the day’s problem with Me and seek My Help and guidance as to what you can do.”

The circumstances of this situation are not going to change by tomorrow, but because of God and His Word and His people I can confidently go to the hospital in the morning and know that no matter what, God will be there during the procedure, with the doctor and during the wait throughout the day.

Thank you all for your prayers and I will report in tomorrow night’s entry. Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much and I am praying for you too, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: