Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

It is hard to imagine that there are only six days left in this school year. There is so much to do and so little time.

John 16:24 “Up to now you have asked nothing in My Name; ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”

Thursday afternoon I will meet with the surgeon who will perform the MOHS procedure to remove the basal cell carcinoma. The consultation is tomorrow and surgery to be scheduled later. Anytime there is mention of cancer I am going to be a bit nervous. And even though this is a very curable type of cancer, I am claiming complete healing in Jesus name. If God asks me to trust Him with the very big things in my life then I must obediently trust Him with all of the events in my life; great and small.

The only way I know to gain peace when faced with a difficult time is by practicing surrender and asking God to be a part of the solution. This is something that takes daily practice. It is sort of like when I tell my first graders that they will only become better readers by reading. We will only become closer to God and learn to walk the path of trust and obedience by spending a lot of time praying and listening throughout the day.

So when things happen during the day that seem to be potential problems stop a pray for a moment and ask God to be a part of the process and give thanks for the victory. Claim the name of Jesus throughout the day and see if the problems and dilemmas are changed into victories just waiting to happen.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: