Saturday, May 29, 2010


Happy Saturday!

Family time today! Bruce, Geni, Travis and I spent most of the day together off exploring some places we haven’t been in a while and others we have never been in before! Some girl stores (Sam Moon), some boy stores (Cabela’s), Central Market…we had a wonderful time together. To top the day off, Travis used one of the new fishing poles we got and caught a mighty fish! (see picture attached, use magnifying glass if necessary!)

Philippians 3: 13-14 “This one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind…I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Do you have regrets? I know I do. I regret some of the things I have said. I regret some of the things I have done and there is nothing I can do to take the past away. All I can do is try to learn from my mistakes and try not to make them again. God never wants us to live in the past. We cannot “press on” toward the higher calling of God in Christ Jesus if we live in the past and dwell on the mistakes of yesteryear or even yesterday. God has given us twenty four hours to carry the weight of the day and then we get to begin again.

Think of how weighed down we have become if we keep carrying the past with us. It would sort of be like a hiker who begins carrying his backpack on the first day of the hike and instead of using the things in the backpack each day such as food or other things he would add to the burden of each day by collecting more things and not ridding himself of the items used yesterday. Think of how weighed down that poor hiker would be at the end of his hike.

God promised to help us with the burdens of this day. The past has been taken from us because we have today to celebrate. Jesus is our constant for today and our hope for tomorrow. Our high calling is to follow Christ today and believe that Christ will be there for us tomorrow and leave the past behind.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in worship! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: