Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Our school has decided to add a garden to our campus, so today approximately 100 lovely shrubs arrived at school. It was the task of the students to see that they all were planted. So after recess I divided my students into groups of three and turned them loose to plant the shrubs. The holes were pre-dug and the children took the bushes from their containers, dropped them in their holes and pushed the dirt in, around and on the plants. They had such a wonderful time. The scene that warmed my heart was one of the students in our LINK room (a classroom for mentally challenged students) was outside at the same time as we. One student was unsure of what he needed to do and his teacher told him to collect all of the black containers that held the shrubs. He did this job with such wonderful gladness that it touched my heart. I cheered him on as he without complaint and a spring in his step collected all of the containers and placed them just where the teacher had told him. This precious student’s name is Able.

Matthew 17: 20 “And Jesus said unto them…If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible for you.”

I learned a lesson from Able today. Able was determined to help his school become more beautiful and assist in any way he could. He did not understand how to plant a bush, but he did understand how to pick up the black buckets that once held the shrubs. I wish you could have seen his face and the joy he experienced doing what we might consider a menial task. Helping plant may have been an impossible task for Able, but helping and being a part of the activity was certainly within his capabilities.

Sometimes I look at a task as impossible. But scripture tells me that if my faith is no larger than that tiny grain of mustard then God will make up the rest. God always meets me so much more than half-way. In this scripture God tells us to never give up on any task because it seems beyond our power. If we rely only on our own abilities without inviting God to be a part of what we are attempting, then what we are attempting is impossible.

God met us so much more than half-way on the cross that day that Jesus died. We cannot save ourselves. We can only go to the Father and receive our salvation through Jesus. Jesus did the impossible. He died and rose again. When Jesus died for us He made all things possible in each of us because of His love for each of us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your payers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: